Tuesday 24 February 2009

Monster ceilidh band cancelled !!

Bad news indeed folks !! Just as I finished dusting off my dancing shoes I got a call to say that "The Monster Ceilidh Band" would be cancelling their gig on Thursday. They had a full week of Scottish dates planned with 3 gigs in one venue in Inverness over the week. Unfortunately this Inverness venue has pulled out last minute. As The Monsters are based in Newcastle a trip up north is only viable with a full list of dates.

Although the band were happy to travel up to keep the gig they had with us it would be a huge expense to them for a small gig. I tried to chat to other venues to fill the empty dates but few folk will get involved in such last minute bookings, especially in this economic climate. Well at least my dancing shoes are ready for the next time they are needed.

No comments: